Roxa has entered the affordable lightweight ski boot game with the RX W Scout ski boots. Ultralight at 1240g (26.5) and 62° degrees of motion for maximum climbing and comfort. Building off their already storied history of innovation and design, the RX features a realistic 99 mm anatomical last and a heat moldable liner for superior comfort on average width (D to E) feet and ankles. The Quick Carbon Ski-Hike mode is lightweight yet strong so you can easily go from one mode to the other with the flick of the switch from your ski pole. To top it off, the Dynafit™Tech compatible soles are standardized to fit all Tech, AT and Adjustable Alpine bindings so you don't have switch boots every day you want to ski.
Type of Terrain: All mountain, Touring
Ability Level: Beginner to Intermediate
We recommend this for:
Touring skiers looking for a prescise fit in a lightweight, intermediate high performance boot.
- 99mm Last BioFit Shell (99-101mm)
- 100 Flex
- Next Generation 3 Piece Cabrio Shell
- Two-Piece Tongue
- Liner: U75 Tour LS
- Material: Grilamid®
- Women’s Specific Cuff
- Power Strap Buckle
- Dynafit Certified Tech Inserts
- Ski/Hike articulation
- Range: 62º ROM
- Soles: Sky-Walk Rubber Sole
- Weight: 1200g (1/2 Pair 24.5)
- Made in Italy
Unmatched Progressivity. A two-piece, hinged split tongue design. Increases stride range while still providing outstanding downhill performance. Delivers a smooth forward flex with quick rebound and maintains contact throughout the turn with excellent shock absorption.
Next Gen Design
Use of advanced CAD Design technology, 3D Printed prototyping, and cutting edge ultralight polymers achieves minimal form with outstanding strength-to-weight ratio.
75U Touring Liner
The Ultralon Touring liner is extremely light weight yet provides outstanding high performance. This anatomic liner is perfect for any kind of excursion and is made with a back flex notch that will assist while walking. Moreover, the area between the heel and the toes as well as the tongue is 75% heat-moldable to provide the most comfortable fit.
Dynafit Binding / Kingpin Insert
RX is certified for Dynafit and Marker Kingping inserts personalizations and all tech insert equipped R3 models.
Power Strap Buckle
Allows for excellent boot top closure as well as accommodating any leg shape. Easy stride buckle function extends stride range when opened in the walk phase.
High-profiled slip-resistant sole. Increases walking comfort and improves natural roll thanks to curved rubber sole.
Quick Ski / Hike Mode
The ski-hike cuff lock allows for easy striding when open and uncompromising performance when locked.
Online Boot Purchase Disclamer:
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Fitting your Boots:
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!