The K2 Kinsley has become one of the most popular boots on our wall. It's medium flex, custom fitting Intuition® liner, and Focus BOA® are what make this boot such a hit. The medium flex is ideal for the average rider looking for enough performance for your local mountain and still has enough juice for when you want to push it. With multi-layer density foam, the Control liner from Intuition® will mold beautifully to your foot as it breaks in. You can also have your local boot fitter heat-mold them to create the room and fit you need before ever stepping foot on snow. And don't worry if it's not perfect the first time, this liner can be molded more than once.
The one aspect about this boot that we love in any boot here at Berg's is upper and lower zonal lacing. The two dial H4/M3 Focus BOA® Fit System allows for you to adjust the upper cuff and the lower forefoot of the boot at different tensions. This is ideal for any rider who has a wider foot, but a skinnier ankle or calf. This is true for those who have an athletic calf, but a narrower foot. This kind of adjustment allows you to dial in the fit you want where you want without without cutting off blood flow in the process. These are a few of the reasons why the K2 Kinsley is often the first boot to sell out here at Berg's.
H4/M3 Focus BOA® Fit System w/ TX3 Lacing
Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
Type of Terrain: All Mountain
Ability Level: Beginner Plus, Intermediate
We Recommend This For
-The K2 Kinsley is ideal for the solid intermediate rider, whether you are still progressing towards more advanced pursuits or are just an all-mountain cruiser.
- Flex: 6/10
- H4/M3 Focus BOA® Fit System w/ TX3 Lacing
- Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
- Articulating Cuff Upper w/ HDR Premium Synthetics Zone Upper
- 3-Point Harness Liner Lacing
- Harshmellow™ Footbed
- This Grips! Premium Rubber Outsole
Intermediate boots are ideal for the rider who needs more control and support whether you are an all-mountain cruiser or the rider looking to bridge the gap from beginner to advance.
Medium plus flexing boots are great for the increased speeds of blue runs and exploring off trail. They will have some limits as you push max speeds or the steepest of terrain, but will get the job done for the average all-mountain rider who is still exploring all the mountain has to offer.
H4/M3 Focus BOA® Fit System
A cable and reel based lacing system that creates even tension and easy lacing operation. Features low-friction guides for even tightening. BOA® Coiler works to automatically retracts lace slack. Impact resistant, durable, and performance driven, the H4 BOA® Dial ejects on severe impact and is easily re-inserted into the boot. The H4 dial controls the upper shell lacing, while the M3 dial controls the lower shell lacing.
BOA® TX3 Lace
BOA®’s first textile lace in the snowboarding category, TX3 is constructed from recycled PET with a structural core. The TX3 BOA® Lace is a flexible, low-friction textile lace that offers a more traditional flex pattern, but the superior closure of a BOA® system.
Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
Built with a blend of high and medium density Intuition® foam, which allows this liner to be heat molded to your foot. With internal and external J-Bars for added support and improved heel hold.
Articulating Cuff Upper w/ HDR Premium Synthetics
Independent upper cuff articulation delivers a smooth, distortion-free flex. A premium PU material that utilizes a proprietary resin, substantially improving durability and wear resistance.
3-Point Harness Liner Lacing
A straightforward solution that doesn’t skimp on support. This system aims to optimize heel hold, while providing ankle support and unrivaled stability to help reduce fatigue.
New for 22/23, K2 incorporate their proprietary Harshmellow™ damping into the layup of all the footbeds in their boots. The result is superior vibration absorbing and comfort for all day riding around the resort.
This Grips! Premium Rubber Outsole
A K2 exclusive built to offer the best possible performance at the lowest possible weight. An EVA midsole with Harshmellow™ pods makes this quiet underfoot, and a dual rubber compound provides unmatched grip for the parking lot and the boot pack.
A magical dampening system that replaces industry standard foam dampening materials. Harshmellow™ is strategically placed to dampen vibration underfoot to provide for a more “quiet” feel underfoot, reduce vibration from impact, and reduce fatigue while snowboarding.
Fit Tip: C+ width with medium volume fit in heel and instep
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
K2 warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1-year from the original date of purchase at retail. Product replacements are under warranty for the remainder of the original warranty only. Your warranty does not cover any cosmetic damage caused by normal use.
Fitting Your Boots
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!