Scarpa is mixing a concoction, by combining ultralight elements of our Alien race boots with a more versatile, backcountry-oriented design, the F1 LT is our lightest weight alpine touring boot, optimized for high-mileage missions, ambitious traverses, and technical ski mountaineering descents. By taking the general last of the Maestrale series, and giving it an Alien construction, you have comfort in a very lightweight package. The 100mm+/- lasted forefoot is one of the most generous toe boxes in the ultra light category, along with an Intuition foam liner for some comfort to be thrown in as well. Also a whopping 72º Range of motion will give you access to any slope of your choosing.
Type of Terrain: Backcountry
We recommend this for:
Skiers looking for a reliable, time and tested touring boots that won’t let you down. It’s designed for longer treks with more miles, ambitious routes and technical mountaineering decents.
Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer:
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Carbon Grilamid® LFT Shell & Cuff
- 3D Lambda Frame
- BOA® Fit System
- Speed Lock LT Ski/Walk
- Fast Buckle Closure
- Vibram® UFO RS Sole
- Women’s Specific Design
- Last: 100mm
- Flex: 100
- Liner: SCARPA® Tour LT Women's
- Optimized Touring Pivot: 1mm
Speed Lock LT
Simple and secure, with 3 forward lean positions, the Speed Lock LT ski-walk mechanism is strong and reliable on the downhill and fast on the transitions
BOA® Fit System
Dial in a precisely tightened fit with 3 integral parts: a micro-adjustable dial, super strong lightweight laces and low friction lace guides. Effortless, quick customization, all protected under waterproof fabric. Laces contract downwards on the instep of the liner, precisely controlling volume and fit.
Delivers incredible power to weight ratio. This special polyamide offers a good compromise between stiffness and rebound; allowing a gradual transmission of the impulses from the boot to the ski during the ski phase.
3D Lambda Frame
Significantly increased strength, durability and torsional rigidity with minimal added weight. Improves responsiveness and overall performance.
Vibram® is the world leader in high performance rubber soles and compounds, targeted to the outdoor, work, recreation, fashion, repair and orthopedic markets.
Fast Buckle Closure
One buckle and a wide hook and loop strap that guarantees a rapid and precise closure. Flip the FBC open and Speed Lock LT up and you are ready to tour.
Scarpa Boot Sizing:
SCARPA ski boots break on the half size, this means that a half size shares the same shell length as the whole size above it but the liners are lasted for each 1/2 size. For example, a 25.5 and 26.0 are the same shell size but the respective liners come pre-molded to the half size.
|Forward Lean||9º / 11º / 13º+ / -2º|
|Weight||990g; 2lb 2.9oz (1/2 pair size 27)|
|Range of Motion||72º|
Fitting Your Boots
To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!