Let’s broaden your access to adventure with the all new Pioneer Pro boots from Alpina. Built on the chassis of the all new Xplore series bindings and boots, this new design still has the classic Alpina fit and durability. Internal Ankle support gives you excellent edging power on the side hills and the downs, along with the flexibility in the forefoot to enjoy the flats for long distances. The Thinsulate™ insulation and thermo-moldable design complements with a tall upper cuff and fully waterproof lace area to seal out snow for warm, dry feet. With the new Xplore binding system you get the steering and power over wider (80mm+) metal edged skis like a traditional 3 pin boot, but at the same time it has the best "glide per stride” like your favorite NNN touring boot. Truly an all in one boot and binding system. **Compatible w/ Rottefella XPLORE Series Bindings Only - Bindings Sold Separately**
Intended Use: Touring, Backcountry
We recommend this for:
A touring set up that will provide increased power and steering. Fully waterproof, insulated and supportive, these boots have everything you need.
- XPLORE System
- BC XP Sole
- Stiff Flex
- Alpitex® Waterproofing Membrane
- Thinsulate® Insulation
- Thermo Molded Heel
- Ortholite Anatomic Footbeds
Springpin™ binding technology and a purpose-built backcountry sole offer unmatched stability and control for touring and making turns. If you are unsure of what will work with your existing gear then please ask us!
Alpitex Waterproof Liners
An internal membrane similar to your waterproof clothing provides additional protection against water and moisture. This increases comfort, even in more extreme weather conditions.
Heat-retaining insulation delivers increased warmth in damp and cold conditions for all-day comfort and warmth.
BC XP Sole
This sole has an ideal flex for backcountry explorers. The new two-part anti-skid rubber sole gives traction when needed, especially in mixed conditions.
Insoles contribute significantly to the vertical stability of the foot, providing a high level of comfort and performance, while improving the thermal insulation of the boot.
Fit Tip: These boot run long. When in doubt, size down.
Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer:
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Bergs we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape.
Fitting Your Boots:
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!