The updated S/PRO MV is the perfect boot for full customization and optimal performance. You can custom fit more boot components than ever: Liner, Shell, Cuff, and Toe Box. This is the most customizable boot in Salomon’s line up. The cushier foam inside the liner makes for easy step-ins and adapts to the shape of your foot. Take these all-stars to a certified ski boot fitter and you’ll end up with an extremely tailored end result that will significantly enhance you’re overall riding ability and performance. To top it off, these boots come with a flex adjuster and Grip Walk soles.
Type of Terrain: Alpine, Groomers, Resort, On-Piste
Ability Level: Beginner, Intermediate
We recommend this for:
Intermediate riders looking for a comfortable all-mountain boot that can be perfectly molded for a precise custom fit.
- Medium width
- Flex: 80
- Last: 98
- 3D Instep shell
- My CustomFit 3D Sport Liner
- Cuff: Polyurethane
- Shell: Polyurethane
- Riveted cuff alignment pivot
- Hypersoft footbed
- Strap: Velcro 35mm
- Gripwalk Soles
- Calf adjustment
- 4 riveted aluminium buckles
My CustomFit 3D Liner
A pre-shaped liner increases the precise fit and hold. Elastic in the toe box gives you more space for your toes, while cushioning foam adds comfort and adaptation.
3D Instep Shell
Utilizes thinner plastic and a 45º position of the second buckle for a stronger heel lock without needing extra pressure from your instep to secure the hold.
Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get properly sized by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort. All models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please see the bottom of this page.
Fitting Your Boots
To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!