Not all double Boa's are equal. The RIDE Deadbolt takes the platform of snowboarding's best selling Lasso and provides a different take on the dual boa lacing system. The Deadbolt uses the Focus Boa® or Boa® Zonal fit approach. This is ideal for the rider who wants the ability to adjust pressure differently between the upper cuff and lower forefoot. This will allow you to improve foothold and dial in the volume fit aspect of the boot. This is also ideal for the rider who has an athletic calf and narrower forefoot or conversely and wider forefoot and narrower calf. This will also allow for a little more flexion in the articulated cuff. Other than that the only other difference between the Deadbolt and the Lasso are the soles. The Deadbolt has an upgraded Michelin® sole that will improve grip on those icy days or if you are someone who likes to bootpack. If you're a RIDE fit and have been looking for an upgrade then you might want to take a good luck at the Deadbolt.
Type of Terrain: All Mountain
Ability Level: Intermediate, Advanced
We recommend this for:
The RIDE Deadbolt is ideal for the solid intermediate rider or better looking for higher speeds and more aggressive lines.
- Flex: 7/10
- BOA® Zonal Fit System
- BOA® TX3 Lace
- Intuition® Support Liner
- Internal/External J Bars
- The Closer™ Liner
- Black Gold™ Liner Mesh
- HDR Premium Synthetics™ w/Articulated Cuff
- Lock Down™ Turbo Liner Lacing
- Impacto Ultra Insole
- Heat Reflective Foil
- Black Last
- Michelin® Hybrid Summit Sole
Intermediate plus boots are ideal for the rider who needs more control and support whether you are an all-mountain cruiser or the hard charger who likes a little flex and feel from out of their boot.
Medium/stiff flexing boots are great for the increased speeds of blue runs and exploring off trail. They will have little limits as you push max speeds or the steepest of terrain, but will get the job done for the average all-mountain rider who is still exploring all the mountain has to offer.
BOA® Zonal Fit System
A cable and reel based lacing system that creates even tension and easy lacing operation. Features low-friction guides for even tightening. BOA® Coiler works to automatically retracts lace slack. Impact resistant, durable, and performance driven, the H4 BOA® Dial ejects on severe impact and is easily re-inserted into the boot. The H4 dial controls the upper shell lacing, while the M3 dial controls the lower shell lacing. This allows for different tension on the upper cuff and lower forefoot so you can apply the correct pressure everywhere without cutting off blood flow.
BOA® TX3 Lace
BOA®’s first textile lace in the snowboarding category, TX3 is constructed from recycled PET with a structural core. The TX3 BOA® Lace is a flexible, low-friction textile lace that offers a more traditional flex pattern, but the superior closure of a BOA® system.
Intuition® Support Liner
Enhanced high-density foam offers supportive performance with maintained comfort with improved heat molding capability.
Black Gold™ Liner Mesh
This bamboo charcoal infused material naturally mitigates odors and moisture. Other benefits include improved temperature regulation and circulatory function.
A performance specific design with tailored to a men’s fit.
Michelin® Hybrid Summit Sole
This sole is a durable blend of recycled premium Michelin® rubber and phylon that makes for a super lightweight performance sole and superior traction.
In2grated™ Construction creates the lightest weight, shortest length performance boots on the market, hands down. The liner is factory molded inside the shell to create the most efficient "net fit", leading to less pack out for better overall comfort.
Fit Tip: C+ width with medium volume fit in heel and instep
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
RIDE warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Items will be repaired or replaced at RIDE’s discretion, upon inspection and determination of warranty eligibility. All warranty returns must include a copy of the original Proof of Purchase. We are unable to process warranty returns without a copy of the original Proof of Purchase showing the product is within the warranty time-frame. Your warranty does not cover any cosmetic damage caused by normal use. Boot damage from resting board steel edge on boot is not covered.
Fitting Your Boots
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!