The Roxa R3 120 TI I.R is the king of the hill, and it's good to be the King. The R3 series of boots from Roxa is the lightest high-performance ski boot ever offered. Those are strong claims in this notoriously lightweight category of performance ski boots. The R3 120 TI I.R. boots offer all the comfort and performance you are looking for in a slimmer 99mm last. The added BioFit plastic allows for your local shop to heat up and then mold (97mm-103mm) the shell to your foot shape for max comfort and control. Add on the Ski/Hike mode for ease of use around the resort and the proven Next Gen Cabrio design for hands free entry, you’ve got yourself a winner here. Add the T.I. which stands for Tech Inserts and now you can use any binding in the industry to go anywhere you want.
Type of Terrain: All mountain, Touring
Ability Level: Intermediate, Advanced
We recommend this for:
Uphill and downhill skiers looking for a prescise fit in a more advanced, lightweight, and high performance boot.
We recommend this for:
- Last: 99-101mm BioFit CM
- Flex: 120
- Shell: Next Generation 3 Piece Cabrio
- Dual Tongue
- Intuition Liner: IR Tongue
- Material: Grilamid®
- Power Strap Buckle
- Dynafit Certified Tech Inserts
- Ski/Hike articulation
- Range: 52º ROM
- Soles: Grip Walk
- Weight: 1520g (1/2 pair 26.5)
- Made in Italy
Two Piece Tongue
Innovative two-piece, hinged, split tongue design. Increases stride range (52° ROM) while providing outstanding downhill performance. It delivers smooth foreward flex with quick rebound. Maintains contact with the skiers leg throughout the turn and provides exellent shock absorption.
I.R. Tongue Intuition Liner
This liner was specifically designed in coordination with Intuition to integrate with the R3 platform models. Ultralon EVA, flex notch gussets and 100 heat moldable construction provides outstanding fit, warmth and ultralight weight. The I.R. Freeride liner is the best of the best
Next Gen Design
Use of advanced CAD Design technology, 3D Printed prototyping, and cutting edge ultralight polymers achieves minimal form with outstanding strength-to-weight ratio.
Dynafit Binding / Kingpin Insert
RX is certified for Dynafit and Marker Kingping inserts personalizations and all tech insert equipped R3 models.
High-profiled slip-resistant sole. Increases walking comfort and improves natural roll thanks to curved rubber sole.
Power Strap Buckle
Powerstrap allows for excellent boot top closure as well as accommodating any leg shape. Easy stride buckle function extends stride range when opened in the walk phase.
Grilamid is the state of the art in technical polymers. Lightweight,durable and unaffected by cold temperatures.
**Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Fitting Your Boots
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!