The Nitro Scala Boa® boot is packed with what you need and nothing you don't so you can have a good time on the mountain without sacrificing performance and comfort. The Boa® version offers an upper and lower adjustment lacing system that allows you to dial in the fit for you calf and foot. This allows for optimal comfort and performance in the fit of our boot. The Re/Lace Liner Locker allows you to tighten up your liner without undoing your boot. The Cloud 2 Liner is built for comfort and is heat moldable allowing for the perfect fit. The Scala boot line is built for the rider who needs more than entry level, but who wants to save a little dough for their season pass.
Dual Zone Boa® Fit System
Type of Terrain: All Mountain
Ability Level: Beginner, Intermediate
We Recommend This For
-This is a medium flexing boot for the intermediate or beginner plus all mountain rider who wants to do a little bit of everything or who is still exploring all that snowboaring has to offer.
- 5/10 Flex
- Dual Zone Boa® Fit System
- Cloud 2 Liner
- Molded TLS Lace Handles
- Interlock System
- DLS Liner Lacing
- Re/Lace Liner Locker
- Women’s Anatomical Footbed
- Rubber Outsole
Dual Zone Boa® Fit System
The dual top and bottom zonal adjustability is ensured by the BOA® Fit System. The bottom section is activated via the BOA® dial on the side of the boot and the top section from the BOA® dial on the tongue of the boot. This zonal adjustment solution allows for a precise fit ensuring a tailored foothold. The system can be loosened or tightened fast and effortlessly with the turn of the BOA® dials.
Cloud 2 Liner
Built with Pre-Molded EVA for a great out of the box fit that is also heat-moldable to dial in any specifics for your foot. The DLS (Direct Lacing System) uses low friction Dyneema® laces for durability and longevity.All of this built on top of an anatomical EVA footbed for comfort and shock absorption.
Re/Lace Liner Locker
The Re/Lace Liner Locker provides a secure and true liner lace lock every time, while additional allowing for easy adjustability of your inner boot lacing when your boot shell is already tied, by simply pulling up on the lace handle. This allows you to (re)tighten your liner and foothold throughout the day (wherever you may find yourself on the mountain) without having to untie your boots shell lacing system.
Fit Tip: Runs true to size, Good for wider feet
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Nitro warrants the original purchaser of new and unused snowboards to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of TWO YEARS from the date of initial purchase. Nitro will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss of use of this product. The warranty applies only to Nitro products purchased through authorized Nitro dealers and is only valid for the original purchaser and is not transferable.
Fitting Your Boots
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!