DescriptionThe new Nordica Strider 120 hike and ski boots are specially made for men and women skiers who d rather ski new lines than stand around and wait in old ones. With their lightweight, modern design and 100mm last, they fit most feet right out of the box. Makes it easier to hike uphill without compromising downhill skiing performance.
Building a hiking boot that hikes as well as a Nordica ski boot skis, was not easy, which is why we invited Michelin to design, develop and construct a revolutionary new sole for our Strider family of hike and ski boots. The result is a fully integrated toe, arch and heel system that delivers matchless adherence and traction on snow, ice and almost any obstacle skiers are likely to meet in the face of adventure.
**Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
• Flex: 120
• Last: 100mm
• Volume: Medium
• Shell: Infrared PU
• Cuff: Carbon Triax
• Footprint: Precision Fit PrimaLoft TF
• 45mm Power Strap
• Liner: 3D Cork Fit W Primaloft® Light
• Rear Spoiler
• Ski/Hike Mechanism
• Soles: Grip Walk Extra Grip
3D Custom Cork Liner — 3D Custom Cork Liner is equipped with the natural cork material which cover the heel surface, an essential part in providing lateral transmission. This responsive material also provides thermal insulation, keeping your feet always warm and dry. Lastly, it's easily customizable to reach the best fit and precision.
Infrared Technology — Infrared Technology has been developed by Nordica with the aim of customizing the boots in the most sensitive point for the skiers. Once you identify the pressure points, you just need to heat the area trough the infrared lamp. In a second step, apply the suction cup to neutralize the pressure in few minutes. Lastly, remove the cup and replace the liner: it's time to jump into the boots and enjoy the ride.
Tri Force Shell Construction — Nordica’s 3 Force technology maximizes the transmission of energy from the leg and foot to the liner and shell for unrivaled power and control.
Ski/Hike Mechanism — The Hike/Ski Mechanism is a single buckle positioned in the back of the cuff. The standard configuration keeps the cuff blocked for the best downhill performance, while the "hike" mode opens the cuff to let you reach the highest peak, also providing a unique walking feeling thanks to 46° range of motion.
Primaloft® — Originally designed for the US military, PrimaLoft® insulation is permanently water-resistant. It retains its insulating and lightweight properties for warmth and comfort, even when wet. This is the best synthetic insulation available.
FITTING YOUR BOOTS
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!
Berg's is the Best
Awesome service! Nice folks. Highly recommend.
Berg's was quick to answer my question online and so helpful with my order. I got a great deal and I'm thrilled with my skis!
Thanks so much!!!
Thank You! As for me - You are great independent family owned store! I'm sure, I will shop here again! Big thanks guys!