The all new S/LAB MTN Summit is your ticket to the top and the only thing that can stop this train is you- Choo Choo! The S/LAB MTN Summit is the most balanced boot Salomon has ever made. Lightness for going up your favorite route and then reliable performance and power that you need to ski down that epic slope. The ultra-light Ultramid® Shell reinforced by Carbon, 70 mm wide Dual Powerstrap and thin liner deliver the precise calf-wrapping and consistent tightness needed to conquer even the most extreme routes. All Salomon 360° Custom Series boots should be molded by an Authorized Salmon Dealer
Ability Level: Advanced
Type of Terrain: Backcountry
We recommend this for:
Advanced backcountry tourers looking for a top of the line, high performance touring boot.
- Flex: 110
- Last: 99-105
- Norm: Touring
- Custom Shell HD
- Ultramid shell
- BOA® Fit System
- Liner: My CustomFit Tour Light
- Frictionless Pivots
- Fiberglass spine
- Range of Motion: 75º
- Dual Power Strap 70mm
- Touring belt
- Waterproof gaiter
- Full rubber sole
- Medium Width
Custom HD Shell & Cuff
Built to be molded to a perfect fit in just 10 minutes. The construction and materials allow for the foot to be closer to the shell.
Connected to the BOA® Fit System, the touring belt enhances the tightening of the boot so you can find the perfect fit for you.
BOA® Fit System
Provides a micro-adjustable, precision fit that’s designed to perform in the toughest of conditions.
Ultramid Cuff & Shell
Ultramid is a high quality polyamide plastic that has rigidity and lightness that also excels in downhill skiing.
My CustomFit Tour Light Liner
Intended for high performance activity, it has Ultralon foam that offers more precision, lightness and a better fit.
Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get properly sized by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort. All models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please see the bottom of this page.
|Buckles||1 riveted light|
Fitting Your Boots
— To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!