DescriptionTecnica Women's Cochise 85 W is the hidden gem in a very loaded deck. Featuring all the award winning features of its bigger sister the Pro, but in a more recreational fit and flex. The Ultra Fit liner with Wool gives you great heel hold and warmth. now with a universal 99mm fore-foot allows for comfort and great control. the Cochise 85 W has a women's specific liner with a slightly more relax fit for those who aren't charging all the time. The Mobility cuff is still here to make running to the car in the parking lot or hiking up an untracked trail; still easy while still providing uncompromising performance in your turns on the way down.
**Online Boot Purchase Disclaimer
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
• Last 99mm
• Flex 85
• PU Quick Instep Shell
• Cuff: Back Spine Carbon Co-Injected
• High Performance Celliant® Liner
• CAS Shell
• NFS Liner
• Neoprene Toebox
• 35mm Power Strap
• Free Move Hinge Points
• Soles: ISO 23223 Grip Walk
CAS Shell — The C.A.S. Shell has an anatomical shape that matches the shape of the foot. This allows for a better out-of-the box initial fit. The dimples on the shell offer less surface tension and facilitate heating, making customizing the shell easier. The shell retains the new shape better and longer.
Asymmetric Power Transmission — The revolutionary asymmetrical concept is based on a different thickness of the shell and liner structures. The inside of the shell is slightly thicker and stiffer and the outside of the shell is thinner and more flexible.
T-Ride — The T-Ride system is fully integrated into the boot design. It’s a solid cuff-to-shell connection which delivers the perfect combination between downhill performance and uphill hiking ability.
Quick Instep — Utilizes softer plastic over the instep area that allows the shell to open easier as you are entering or exiting the boot.
Free Move — Our new hinge points technology allows frictionless movement, saving energy when hiking on long ski-touring days. The range of motion is 75° for an unlimited pivotal range for more effective climbing even on the steepest ascents.
FITTING YOUR BOOTS
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!
Berg's is the Best
Awesome service! Nice folks. Highly recommend.
Berg's was quick to answer my question online and so helpful with my order. I got a great deal and I'm thrilled with my skis!
Thanks so much!!!
Thank You! As for me - You are great independent family owned store! I'm sure, I will shop here again! Big thanks guys!