DescriptionAn all-mountain all-star and team favorite outfitted with Step On compatibility for smooth transitions. Setting the bar higher in every discipline is still the headline for the men's Burton Ion Step On® Snowboard Boot. The choice for riders who charge hard across the entire mountain, the Ion is legendary for its stacked tech package. This version is fitted with Burton's Step On system for seamless transitions in and out of your bindings, Speed Zone™ Lacing System for the quickest lace-up in the parking lot, plus the quick and precise BOA® Fit System lets you dial in a perfect fit over your forefoot. Peek inside and you'll find a comfortable, lightweight liner with enhanced rebound and foot-warming tech that reflects body heat for extra warm feet.
**REQUIRES BURTON STEP-ON BINDING!!!**
ONLINE BOOT PURCHASE DISCLAIMER
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Bergs we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
• Medium/Stiff Flex
• Speed Zone™ Lacing System with New England Ropes
• Life Liner, DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™, Tuff Cuff Lite
• 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue
• Snugger Strap
• Step On™ Backstay
• EST® Vibram Traction Lug Outsole
• Vibram® EcoStep
FLEX/RESPONSE: Welded Backstay increases support and durability, 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUp tongue creates a snug fit between boot and tongue, eliminating the need to readjust while you ride.
LACING: Speed Zone lacing system features lightning fast lacing control while allowing you to customize the tension of upper and lower zones in seconds, New England Ropes use American-made fibers and are virtually indestructible, won't kink, and are easy to re-lace.
LINER: Tuff Cuff Lite increases heel hold and wraps the ankle with medial and lateral support and also enables free flex from heel to toe, Life Liner uses heat-moldable, lightweight materials for high-end performance with a relaxed feel and features a responsive PU tongue for a combination of quickness and resistance breakdown that excels during long seasons of hard riding, DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ Lining captures, radiates, and reflects body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking away heat-robbing moisture, Ultralon Performance Foam® has excellent thermo-forming ability, adapting the boot liner to the contours of the foot.
COMFORT: Total Comfort Construction provides an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box, eliminating the break-in period, Snow-proof internal gusset completely seals the lower zone of the boot, keeping your feet warm and dry, Outer pressure relief panel.
CUSHIONING: Sleeping bag reflective foil underfoot reflects heat back to the foot, improving both warmth and comfort in cold conditions, AutoCANT Cushioning uses dual-density EVA that lets your foot settle into a natural, relaxed position for improved comfort, reduced fatigue, and more direct board control, ReBounce brings cushioning closer to your foot by placing it within the shell of the boot for an added layer of impact protection sitting directly beneath your foot.
OUTSOLE: EST®-optimized midsole lowers your center of gravity and improves board feel without sacrificing comfort, Shrinkage footbed reduction technology reduces the boot's overall footprint, minimizing toe drag.
BURTON WARRANTY: 1-Year Warranty
FITTING YOUR BOOTS
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!
Berg's is the Best
Awesome service! Nice folks. Highly recommend.
Berg's was quick to answer my question online and so helpful with my order. I got a great deal and I'm thrilled with my skis!
Thanks so much!!!
Thank You! As for me - You are great independent family owned store! I'm sure, I will shop here again! Big thanks guys!