The Contour is the first boot in K2's women's performance line. Built for the rider who is doing more than just exploring off the beaten path. It's for the rider who is starting to push just how hard they can ride steeper lines and who really wants to know just how fast their board can go. With the addition of TX3 laces and floating Conda™ internal lacing, the Contour has become even more comfortable without losing the performance it has long been known for. We love the Contour for it's dialed in out of box fit, impressive heat-molding capabilities, and its superior ankle hold. The BOA® system allows for quick lace up in the parking lot and on the fly adjustments for your perfect all day fit. It also allows you to slip this boot on and off with ease. With all the good we are spouting here we do need to address some of the limitations we have found as boot fitters with the Contour. If you have a narrower/skinnier calf or a sensitive instep you may want to avoid this boot. Other than that, if this boot has grabbed your attention then it may be time to sip into one.
H4 Focus BOA® Fit System w/ TX3 Lacing
Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
Type of Terrain: All Mountain
Ability Level: Intermediate, Advanced
We Recommend This For
-The K2 Contour is ideal for the solid intermediate rider or better looking for higher speeds and more aggressive line. The Conda™ lacing isn’t ideal for freestyle rider who want more ankle mobility, but great for stomping bigger features.
- Flex: 7/10
- H4 Focus BOA® Fit System w/ TX3 Lacing
- Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
- Conda™ w/ BOA® Liner Lacing
- Rubber Reinforced Articulating Cuff Upper with Endo™ 2.0
- Harshmellow™ Footbed
- This Grips! Premium Rubber Outsole w/ Harshmellow™
- S’Cafe™ Coffee Mesh
Intermediate plus boots are ideal for the rider who needs more control and support whether you are an all-mountain cruiser or the hard charger who likes a little flex and feel from out of their boot.
Medium/stiff flexing boots are great for the increased speeds of blue runs and exploring off trail. They will have little limits as you push max speeds or the steepest of terrain, but will get the job done for the average all-mountain rider who is still exploring all the mountain has to offer.
H4 Focus BOA® Fit System
Impact resistant, durable, and performance driven, the H4 BOA® Dial ejects on severe impact and is easily re-inserted into the boot. The cable and reel based lacing system creates even tension and easy lacing operation. Features low-friction guides for even tightening. BOA® Coiler works to automatically retracts lace slack.
Conda™ w/ BOA® Liner Lacing
A patented K2 liner lacing system that uses a urethane harness to gently hug your ankle, creating unrivaled heel hold. BOA® Conda™ allows for adjusting liner tightness and heel hold on the fly from outside of the boot, even with gloves on.
BOA® TX3 Lace
BOA®’s first textile lace in the snowboarding category, TX3 is constructed from recycled PET with a structural core. The TX3 BOA® Lace is a flexible, low-friction textile lace that offers a more traditional flex pattern, but the superior closure of a BOA® system.
Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner
Built with a blend of high and medium density Intuition® foam, which allows this liner to be heat molded to your foot. With internal and external J-Bars for added support and improved heel hold.
Rubber Reinforced Articulating Cuff Upper with Endo™ 2.0
A K2 Snowboarding exclusive, Endo™ Construction allows K2 to alter the flex, response, and rebound of a snowboard boot without adding extra materials reducing unnecessary weight. Abrasion resistant reinforced outsole rubber is placed in areas of high stress to extend the life of the boot and increase durability.
New for 22/23, K2 incorporate their proprietary Harshmellow™ damping into the layup of all the footbeds in their boots. The result is superior vibration absorbing and comfort for all day riding around the resort.
This Grips! Premium Rubber Outsole
A K2 exclusive built to offer the best possible performance at the lowest possible weight. An EVA midsole with Harshmellow™ pods makes this quiet underfoot, and a dual rubber compound provides unmatched grip for the parking lot and the boot pack.
A magical dampening system that replaces industry standard foam dampening materials. Harshmellow™ is strategically placed to dampen vibration underfoot to provide for a more “quiet” feel underfoot, reduce vibration from impact, and reduce fatigue while snowboarding.
S’Cafe™ Coffee Mesh
With functionality and sustainability in mind, K2 coffee mesh is made from recycled post-consumer coffee grounds that is combined with post consumer recycled polyester. This mesh enhances odor control and moisture management of their standard lining mesh and is made from 95% recycled material with no added chemicals.
Fit Tip: C+ width with medium volume fit in heel and instep
Buying the right boots online isn’t easy. At Berg’s we always recommend that you get sized properly by a boot fitter to get the best results. Finding the proper fit is vital to performance and comfort and all models have a different fit and shape. If you would like some general tips on how a boot should fit, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
K2 warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1-year from the original date of purchase at retail. Product replacements are under warranty for the remainder of the original warranty only. Your warranty does not cover any cosmetic damage caused by normal use.
Fitting Your Boots
– To properly assess the fit of any boot you must lace or buckle it completely. The boot will feel small until you do this because your toes will be pushed to the front until laced or buckled. Also, keep in mind all boot liners stretch out and get bigger.
– First, lace or buckle the boot loosely. Next, flex into the boot to drive your heel into the heel pocket. Doing this makes room for your toes. Lastly, finish lacing or buckling the boot in a flexed position.
– Be sure to wear the boots for at least 10 minutes fully laced or buckled before making a determination. Remember these boots are not made for walking, keep your knees slightly bent and flexed forward into riding position. When doing this your heels should be pushed into the back of the boot and your toes should be comfortable.
– You should wear the thinnest sock you are comfortable with. Blood flow is the number one thing that keeps your feet warm. Adding more material around your feet with thicker socks increases the chances of reducing blood flow.
– To help your foot sit properly in your boot, you may consider an aftermarket footbed like Superfeet® or Sidas®. A footbed with arch support, not just cushion, helps align your foot in the shell and alleviates pressure points. Footbeds should be sized to your arch height and length, not your shoe size.
– Spend some time choosing your boots, they are the most important piece of your gear!